6.11.09

Stories for the Road...

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. – St. Augustine

Having just finished listening to Exploded by Tom Bodett (long-time Motel Six spokesmen) while on the road, I am inspired to find out what keeps you fueled while you're racking up mileage.

I found myself transported to Homer, Alaska to Tom's living room as he -surprisingly the consummate storyteller- wove an auditory journey overflowing with humor and local metaphors. Listening to his audio book made my typically mind-numbing highway travels quickly slip by as his stories engaged my brain with verbal play.

Either by train, plane, automobile or any other form of transportation; what pod casts and audio books are on your play list or in your changer? Or do you prefer a good old paper back read?

Wherever your travels take you, hopefully you find that where you end up has left the light on for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment